Cycle the epic Gran Fondo in Penticton, British Columbia on July 9th, 2017 as part of the Project Somos team!
- Are you a cyclist who would love to support a charity while doing what you love?
- Are you passionate about Project Somos and would love to support us while having an adventure in the process?
If you answered YES to either or both of these questions, have we ever got the perfect event for you!
Race hard or ride casually with our Gran Fondo #CycleforSomos team while you enjoy the unbeatable scenery of wine country plus a full weekend of activities!
Choose the 55 km, 92 km, 126 km, or the full 160 km Gran Fondo – all levels welcome to #CycleforSomos!
Team members commit to raise a minimum of $500 each for Project Somos. As part of our Summer Matching Campaign, every dollar raised up to $10,000 will be doubled to help mamas and children break the cycle of poverty in Guatemala. Cyclists will receive a special Somos jersey designed for this event, and all donors will receive a tax receipt for their financial support.
How to participate:
- Email Deb Armour – team leader and Somos board member – to tell her you’re signing up and to ask her any questions you have!
- Register for the 2017 Gran Fondo Okanagan.
- Open an account to create your own personal Gran Fondo fundraising page. A description of Project Somos is automatically included so you just need to describe what motivates you personally to ride!
- Share your fundraising page with your contacts and start raising funds!
- Help us spread the word and let any fellow cyclists know about this awesome opportunity!