Strong healthy mothers raising strong healthy children.
This changes everything.
WHAT WE KNOW
- “Project Somos has had a huge impact on me. Before, I couldn’t get medicine, milk, or enough food, and I felt that if I didn’t leave my husband he would kill one of my children. Finding Project Somos was like finding angels, it took me out of my darkness. I had wanted to die. I felt destroyed. Each person that has come into my life here is like a new building column that has re-constructed me."
- “I was a person who was thrown away. Here I am recuperating. Today I have a desire to live, and to reach my goals. Now I am a person who is learning and I have a dream to work with animals. I feel happier and much stronger.”
- “My life has totally changed. Before, I hit my girls. I don’t do that here. Now my girls tell me they love me and give me a kiss, and now I give affection to my girls. I never told them I loved them before, and now I realize that that wasn’t good for them. I didn’t do that because my mom didn’t do that. When my girls talk to my brother now, they say “I love you, Uncle”. He says they have changed so much. Now I'm learning how to bake and work in our local felting business.”
- “My life before was horrible. I couldn’t give affection to my kids, I couldn’t sit down with them because I had to find food for them. I hit them. I couldn’t give them clothes, couldn’t even buy them underwear. It has been a huge change for me. My daughter reads, the children are getting bigger. I am going to baking school. I have woken up. I know I can do better. I want to do better. I have learned to do needle/wet felting and baking for visitors and am working towards getting my diploma in baking.”
- “Before Project Somos, I didn’t have enough of anything. I had to look for ways to feed my children. I felt sad. I am happy here, it has changed my life. I am learning how to needle-felt and bake but before, I was just fighting for my kids. I want to say ‘Thank you’ to the donors for all their help and support.”