Niños saludablemente educados pueden ayudar a romper el ciclo de pobreza para generaciones futuras
LO QUE SABEMOS
- “Project Somos has had a huge impact on me. Before, I couldn’t get medicine, milk, or enough food, and I felt that if I didn’t leave my husband he would kill one of my children. Finding Project Somos was like finding angels, it took me out of my darkness. I had wanted to die. I felt destroyed. Each person that has come into my life here is like a new building column that has re-constructed me."
- “I was a person who was thrown away. Here I am recuperating. Today I have a desire to live, and to reach my goals. Now I am a person who is learning and I have a dream to work with animals. I feel happier and much stronger.”
- “My life has totally changed. Before, I hit my girls. I don’t do that here. Now my girls tell me they love me and give me a kiss, and now I give affection to my girls. I never told them I loved them before, and now I realize that that wasn’t good for them. I didn’t do that because my mom didn’t do that. When my girls talk to my brother now, they say “I love you, Uncle”. He says they have changed so much. Now I'm learning how to bake and work in our local felting business.”
- “My life before was horrible. I couldn’t give affection to my kids, I couldn’t sit down with them because I had to find food for them. I hit them. I couldn’t give them clothes, couldn’t even buy them underwear. It has been a huge change for me. My daughter reads, the children are getting bigger. I am going to baking school. I have woken up. I know I can do better. I want to do better. I have learned to do needle/wet felting and baking for visitors and am working towards getting my diploma in baking.”
- "Antes del Proyecto Somos, no tenía suficiente de nada. Tuve que buscar maneras de alimentar a mis hijos. Me sentí triste. Soy feliz aquí, ha cambiado mi vida. Estoy aprendiendo a agujerear y hornear pero antes, yo solo estaba luchando por mis hijos. Quiero decir 'Gracias' a los donantes por toda su ayuda y apoyo."