- The Culture Dome was completed, just in time to turn into a school
- Family House #3 was completed and now serves as staff housing
- The Clinica de Mateo building was completed and inaugurated. It hosts visiting health and medical teams and will also serve as a neighbourhood house and an internet café for the surrounding community.
- At the end of the year, Family House #4 was essentially completed
- A new washroom facility for the school and preschool was started
- A donor family and friends made their 4th trip to Project Somos in 2017, they finished the installation and paid for a solar electric system that has cut electricity costs by 95%.
- The same donors upgraded the irrigation system that will help make the farm viable.
- Another donor family and friends made their 5th trip down. Having installed internet services for the Village, Community Hall and Staff House, then for two outside local schools, they came back twice in 2017 and added a second link, installed internet and computers donated by others in the Clinic and Neighbourhood House, and upgraded all the systems.
Voluntourism groups from three schools, one travel company and a photography group, plus family groups from the board and other donors visited Project Somos. They helped with building and a multitude of tasks, and happily interacted with the mamas and children.
At years’ end, there were three families residing in the Village and staff was working hard to bring in more, as funding depends upon the successful implementation of the program with mothers and children.